- 1 cup vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 4 (4-oz) trout fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
- To prepare sauce, heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes and sauté 10 minutes. Place tomatoes in a blender. Add vinegar and honey and blend until smooth. Place back in pan. Add cream and simmer a few minutes. Whisk in butter and basil; keep warm.
- To prepare fish, score the skin side of fish deeply. Pat dry and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a nonstick skillet and add olive oil. Add thyme sprigs. Sauté fish, skin-side down, until skin is crisp, about 3 1/2 minutes; turn and cook 30 seconds. Serve with sauce on the side.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: