- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 5 ounces best-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped (such as Ghirardelli)
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, cocoa nibs, and raspberries or other fresh fruit for garnish
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon
- Spray six 1-cup ramekins with cooking spray. Coat each with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Place chocolates in a double boiler set over barely simmering hot water. Stir occasionally until chocolates melt. Remove from heat.
- Beat butter and sugar together with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and chopped chipotle; the mixture may separate slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl and beating 1 minute between additions. Add chocolate and beat 5 minutes. (Batter will be thick.)
- Combine salt, cornmeal, flour and cocoa; sift over batter and stir.
- Divide batter among ramekins. Don’t worry about smoothing out the tops. Cover each tightly with plastic wrap and freeze at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake frozen cakes 10 minutes. (Tops will smooth out.) Let stand 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plates. Serve immediately with ice cream and berries.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: